Saturday, April 26, 2008

STILL ON THE VENTILATOR

Well...we had hoped Ron would have come off the ventilator yesterday....but too much happened and we had to put it off for another day. We will give it another try today.

Yesterday morning they started to slowly bring him out of sedation again...he seemed to be doing really well....he was responding to me by moving his eyes and his head...he was not agitated at all....they had switched his vent to CPAP mode whereby he was actually breathing on his own and the machine would just provide him with some oxygen.
He had to go down to have his PIC line repositioned because it was not in all the way due to scar tissue around the veins. He also had to get another CAT scan done of his neck and head...the only part of his body that had not been scanned.
Needless to say.....all this activity got him very agitated and exhausted. He put himself into Atrial Fibrillation again and was just in need of sedation. So they had to up the ventilator again and put him back under so that he could rest and we could get his heart back to normal rhythm.
He then had dialysis again at 7pm last night ...it ran until 10pm. So they thought it best to wait until today to try bringing the vent down again.

He is slowly waking up today. He has been in and out. He tries to stretch his legs and move his arms...but his arms are still retrained.. He does move his head towards the person who is speaking to him which is good.

They are setting up the machines to start his dialysis again. It will run for three hours.

It looks like they are going to give him some blood. His hematocrit and hemoglobin is very low. We can't seem to figure out why ...he is not bleeding from anywhere. Although they do run labs quite a bit throughout the day...but I don't think it would bring his level down so much.

Hopefully, other than dialysis ...he will have a quiet day so that we can wean him off the ventilator successfully and not have any more set backs.

It also looks like we may be getting a handle on the fever as well. We will know for sure tonight as this is when he tends to spike the most.

I want to take a moment to thank those of you who continually keep us in prayer and who are always sending me good thoughts and special messages of inspiration. I love you all very much and appreciate the love you send to us ...we are so blessed to have you in our lives.
Kim....my "lovegod2" friend in Christ...you are so awesome...thank you for the scripture readings ...I so need them.....I left home in a haste to get Ron back down here and forgot my Bible. I am totally lost without it. I keep going online when I have a quiet moment and read my daily readings online. Ron has a board here in his room where the nurses write who he is assigned to for the day and the date...there is a spot where messages can be written and that is where I am going to write down the scripture you sent me so I can stay focused each day!

To Margaret....you will forever be my special sister in Christ. When I get home...we are definitely going for that cup of coffee and massage. Thank you for your support even from afar...it helps me more than you know!

To our family who helps us each day....Ron's parents who are always there ....my brother in law...sister in law and niece...they have really taken on the role of guardians for Thomas and have been doing a great job with him.....we can't thank you enough!

To our family and friends across the miles who continually keep Ron listed in prayer chains ...you are all so awesome and we love and miss you so much! We know that if you could be here with us every day...you would.


I continue to stay focused on the Lord and trusting in his Will ....knowing that he can be fully trusted ....Ron is in good hands ....always has been. He will not forsake us ...he will not leave us alone. He surrounds us with his love and mercy through all the wonderful people here that care deeply for Ron and our family.

Praises to the Lord....his love endures.








1 comment:

luvgod2 said...

rjsjtRon, Mary and Thomas we have a prayer warrior team who is surrounding you with prayer! Here are the wonderful sisters in Christ who are lifting you up before the Lord and I know many more that I'll be able to add shortly to our prayer team for all of you! We are praying for healing, strength, wisdom and comfort!

Marge Knepple, Rachel Kunch, Tanessa Calderon, Lisa Bradley, Irene Phillips, Chris Coleman, Jesenia Legarreta, Sharon Shoecraft, Juli Witt, Jeannine Chabala.