Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

To all the mom's reading this blog tonight....I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day.

Ours here at UMC was quiet. I did not get to spend it with Thomas as I would have liked. I have not had a chance to be with him for three weeks. It has been heart wrenching to be away from him...my first mother's day without him....we will have a lot of time to make up for when we get back home.

Ron has been improving. He walked 24 feet today. It was a work out for him ..but he did it.
His urine output is still very little. He is still under 200cc's a day.
The doctors want to space out his dialysis treatments to maybe just twice a week and see if this will help to pick up his blood pressure which has been staying low and does not help to profuse the kidney well. They suspect the dialysis is pulling off too much fluid now which decreases your blood pressure.

They have also talked about possibly doing a biopsy of the kidney as well.

Dr. Smith talked about discharging Ron possibly by the end of the coming week.
But this was before my discussion with the kidney doctors and what they want to try to do in regards to the kidney situation.

I am sure by tomorrow or at least by Tuesday we will know what the game plan is for the coming week.

He looks good...his color is really good. I think he looks better now than he did when he was discharged last month.

He has still tested positive for the C. Diff bacteria. He continues on the antibiotic.
Another stool culture was taken today. They are taken every 48 hours ..once they receive three negative cultures in a row ..then it is confirmed that the bacteria has been treated.

He seems to be getting his appetite back. He is not eating the portions that he ate before ...but he is at least eating a bit more than last week. The acid reflux and indigestion seems to be lessening. They continue to give him Regland round the clock to help with this.

Well...I hope everyone who has a mom..took the time to spend the day with her...or called her to remind her how much she is loved and appreciated...and/or spent time with your kids and had a great day!

Being a mom is the hardest and most demanding job...but I wouldn't trade it for the world..because at the end of the day...it is truly the most rewarding!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my sisters,my girlfriends, my aunts, my cousins....and everyone in between.

God's Blessing ......





2 comments:

rickbnsa said...

Keep fighting and winning guys! Thinking of you.
Sean and Rick

luvgod2 said...

Happy Mother's Day to you also Mary! I wish you would have been able to spend it with Thomas.