Monday, March 17, 2008

SIT AND WAIT

It is Monday ...almost noontime here in Tucson....
Ron still waits to get his echo done as well as his heart cath.
We were told early this morning that the echo lab was very busy...unknown as to when they will get to him.
We were told by the cath lab that he was scheduled for early afternoon....so we continue to wait for this as well.
We were able to get his dressing change of his wound early...thank goodness for that at least.
It is looking a little bit better. He still has a bit of swelling along one side of his skin ...but not as red as it has been....I hope this is a good sign.
We have not seen any doctors this morning ...so unknown what their thought is on whether or not they plan to drain the area along side the wound or continue to keep doing what we are doing with the antibiotic.
Ron has slept a lot this morning...he says he is hungry so in order to keep his mind off food ..he would rather sleep. He cannot eat or drink anything until after his heart cath.
I tried to get him to exercise this morning to keep him occupied but his side is very sore and he just was not up to it.....maybe later.
Please keep praying that everything goes well this week and hopefully I can get him home before week's end....it would be so nice to spend Easter at home instead of here.

Thomas is scheduled to see the ENT tomorrow for his ears...but given that I have not received much information today...I am leaning towards cancelling his appointment and rescheduling...I am not comfortable leaving here for the day tomorrow with things so up in the air.

I don't know how much information I will have later ...because these procedures are being done so late in the day...I know results will not be available until tomorrow.
The cellular biopsy results will not be available until tomorrow after 2pm and the antibody biopsy usually takes 48 hours to receive anything...and his echo will more than likely not be looked at until sometime tomorrow as well. Several heart transplants were done over the weekend so the team has been very busy. For all I know ...I may not even see anyone until tomorrow.
But ....I will keep everyone posted.


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!




No comments: