Sunday, March 2, 2008

RESULTS ARE IN

We received word from pathology on Saturday that Ron's biopsy did show signs of rejection to the kidney. It is however a mild level of rejection.
The doctors have increased some of his steroids and started him on an IV steroid last night. He will receive one more dose of it tonight.
He is scheduled for an echo tomorrow and they will possibly do a heart biopsy as well. They want to make sure the rejection has not reached his heart.
Ron seems fine for the most part ...he has been a bit fatigued but not excessively.
It seems as though they have caught this early. Thanks to the renal transplant team watching his lab results so closely. They did not waste any time once they saw his creatinine level increase to 2.
As of this morning...it had already dropped to 1.9. I am hoping for even better results tomorrow.

Keep Ron in prayer. I will keep everyone up to date once we know of his biopsy and echo results.

Ron's parents came to Tucson yesterday and brought Thomas with them to visit. We enjoyed having him here. They headed back home this afternoon.

We are so eager to get back home....with hopes that it will be very soon!


Blessings......


"Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me."
John 12:26

No comments: