Wednesday, March 12, 2008

SOME IMPROVEMENTS

The vancomycin seems to be working on the infection. The tissue is looking very healthy and pink once again. The outer skin is still a bit inflamed with some redness...but it is showing signs of diminishing.
Ron's creatinine is back to normal range of 1.5.....very excited to hear this today.
His white cell count is at 2.9...also much improved.
I really hope to get him back on the cytoxin drug as soon as possible.
He had his echo today. Hope to get results on it tomorrow.
Still waiting on the final approval from the chief of surgery ..who did Ron's kidney transplant ....to go in and close up the wound once and for all.
Ron had a bout of atrial fibrillation yesterday evening. Not quite sure what caused it...but they ran a quick IV of amiodorone to help bring his rhythm back to normal ....it worked.
Today they had someone come down from the pacemaker clinic to run a series of test on his pacemaker to make sure there were no malfunctions.
They did make some adjustments to it so that now he is atrial and ventricular paced....they said this should help Ron feel much better...he will have much better heart rhythms and much better profusion.
My feeling is that once they decide to go in and take care of his wound....make sure he is stable...I will make immediate plans to take him home.
I pray for stability so that I can get to this point as quickly as possible.

Many thanks to you all who are constantly lifting us in prayer ...for all the words of encouragement you send our way and for the wonderful selections of scripture that help to keep me focused and hopeful of many wonderful things to come.

Praises to our Almighty God ..who never leaves our side.


"Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.....All day long I put my hope in you." Psalm 25:4-5

No comments: