Thursday, December 20, 2007

3pm

Ron did well during the heart cath procedure. The doctors did have to warn me when he first went in that he was at high risk because his blood pressure was running low today and his heart rate was elevated in the 130's again in tachycardia. All I could do was pray that the Lord would stay near him and help the doctors do what needed to be done quickly and carefully. My prayer was answered. He came back up to the room and was ready for lunch. Every day he has been eating better and more. I think this is also helping him to recover better as well.

I did something today while in the waiting room in the cath lab as I waited for Ron's procedure to be done that I have never done before and so glad that I did. There was a family in the waiting room waiting for their young son who was also having a heart procedure. The doctor came out to speak with them and apparently the procedure was not going as well as they had hoped for and the options they were left with were not the best they had wanted either way. The father and mother were obviously very distraught and were struggling with making a decision. As the doctor went back to work on their son I was compelled to approach them and ask the name of their son...they said it was Jorge. I asked if I could pray with them and they said yes. I gathered hands with them and prayed for them and their son. I am so glad I did. When the doctor returned ...they were able to make a decision they felt good about and hopefully things will turn around for their son. I wished them well as I left to meet up with Ron.
It was such a good feeling to actually ACT on something I felt I should do. So many times we vocalize to people we will keep them in prayer ..sometimes we remember to do it and sometimes we get busy with our day and may forget....so the next time...if you see someone in need of prayer ...just stop what your doing and pray with them. The power of prayer is great and as christians we must ACT to help others and put our faith to proper use.
( I am listening to you Pastor Greg) .......

2 comments:

Godbehere said...

Hey "Homeboy" it's Eric! I hear you are doing well and I'm very glad to hear it. I have prayed for you every night none stop since you got your new pump. I am comming down Sunday if everything goes well to see you again. I know it was difficult for you to communicate last time I was there but I'm sure you'll be better this time. Keep it up man you're doing great. Hopefully this time you will get to meet Ashley. See you soon "Pimp."

-Eric Godbehere

Tracy said...

Way to go Mary! If you find out how Jorge is doing, let us know.