Wednesday, December 19, 2007

5:40pm

Ron tried to get out of bed earlier today but did not have much luck. His legs were so weak it was very hard to hold him up to get him to the chair. It took a lot out of him. The nurse will be trying again shortly but they will use a special type of chair that lays flat so that they can simply slide him over and then raise him to a seating position. We still do not know what his last echo showed as all his doctors have been in surgery and have not had a chance to view it. Dr. Smith has ordered a right heart cath to biopsy his heart tomorrow morning. They just want to screen for both cellular and antibody rejection. This is standard shortly after transplant. He has begun eating more with every meal. Hopefully, with each day he will build more strength. His heart function is doing better as is his blood pressure and temperature.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Mary,

I pray tonight is more restful for both of you. Hang in there!

Antoinette said...

Hello Aunt Mary & Uncle Lonny,

I just want you to know that I miss you sooooo very much. I wish I could of stayed in Tucson a lot longer but we have one more week til the students are on break. I am so happy to hear that Uncle Lonny's health is progressing wonderfully. I wanted to let you know that my school was paired up with the Salesian Sisters of St. John Bosco each teacher adopted a nun and we had a gift exchange. Of course several nuns saw that I wrote in the Prayer of Intentions book asking for prayer for Uncle Lonny. I explained that all I was asking was that Uncle Lonny recover and be healthy. The sisters assured me that Thursday during the prayer service they would not only pray for me but for all of you as well. God is great!!! Send Uncle Lonny our love and kiss lil Thomas for me I really miss him:) We are praying here in San Antonio.

Love,
Antoinette