Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Week to Remember

12/16/07 11:15am.....

The ventilator has been removed! Praise God! Ron is awake and talking. I have been filling him in on the week's events. He does not remember anything. Nurses and doctors have been by telling him how wonderful it is to have him back and how great he looks. I shared with him the genuine concern everyone on this floor has had for him. I explained to him the tears that were shed by many when he took a turn for the worse. So, he is to expect a lot of cheerful people coming by his room. His blood gases check out very good. He is oxygenating very well.
He is receiving his plasma treatment as I am writing this. Blood pressure looks very good as does his blood flow index and his temperature is normal.

I hope everyone is enjoying there Sunday church service whereever it may be. Give thanks to our loving God for all that he is given us especially the gift of his son whose birth we celebrate this month.
To my PVC family...I miss being with everyone today. I will catch up on Pastor Greg's message via video while I am here at the hospital.

I know many have inquired on a special checking account to make donations for our out of pocket expenses while we are here. I thank you so much for your thoughtful generosity. I am in the process of setting up an account at Washington Mutual. Once everything has been activated I will share the information with you.

I thank God for everyone who has shown us so much love, compassion and human kindness....I wish you all the same blessings he has given my family and more........Mary

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hello Mary!
We are so glad to hear Lonny is awake and talking! We will continue our prayers and give thanks for sure! We love you all very much. Best wishes from Indiana!
Aunt Janie, Jamie and Family

Tracy said...

Mary,

What wonderful news. Praise God! Has Thomas been able to see Ron then? We missed Thomas in class today. I'm going to be sad when he turns 3! We may have to discuss keeping him a few extra weeks! :-) We missed you too!

Tracy