Wednesday, December 26, 2007

HUMP DAY

7:50pm

Midweek is almost over. Not much to report today. Ron had a good breakfast today...he ate really well. Everyday I see his appetite increasing. His arm strength is getting better. We still need to work on his legs more. Cardiac rehab should be coming to see him soon to start working on some physical therapy with him. He had his plasma treatment this morning. We had a good lunch and then they quickly started him on his dialysis. The machine kept giving them trouble...his blood kept clotting...so they had to add some heparin to the line to thin his blood a bit. It finally started to work properly. It turned into a full evening event. They are almost done. Ron slept through the majority of it. We are trying to decide what he wants for dinner now.
I woke up this morning with a nasty sore throat. I have kept a mask on the whole time I am in Ron's room. Don't want to take any chance on passing any germs to him. I have felt quite run down today as I did late yesterday. The nurses tell me it has been going around...so it is not surprising I have caught a bug. I hope it is short lived. I am taking Tylenol for headache and pain and Cloraseptic to numb my throat. Luckily, no fever to report. This too shall pass.
Thomas is doing better. He went back to daycare today and is back in Goodyear with our family. We enjoyed our Christmas together ...he had such a good time opening his presents from Santa. Big thanks to all our friends and family who were a part of making his Christmas special. To our PVC family who sent gifts to him....how wonderful you all are! We loved the bible, the aquadoodle, his coloring books, the memory game...everything is going to go to good use. He was a happy child! Thank you for the movies you sent to Ron and myself....we will definitely watch them while we are here...every so often..when Ron is up to it ...we have a nice "movie night" here together. So glad we have a dvd player with our TV here. To all our friends who brought us food...the tamales, pozole, the pastries and breads...they were wonderful...we enjoyed them all....Christmas was here for us with a lot of love and spirit....THANK YOU!

"You took away my clothes of sadness, and clothed me in happiness." Psalm 30:11

No comments: