Saturday, December 15, 2007

A NEW DAY OF HOPE

It is Saturday, December 15th. One week post transplant.
Hard to believe we are mid-month already. The past week has been quite fuzzy...as things have taken place so quickly and intensly here at the hospital with Ron. But, thanks to our amazing God...we survived! More importantly, Ron is still with us. In the midst of this incredible storm, we continue to see the multitude of blessings the Lord showers upon us through wonderful family, friends and our brothers and sisters in Christ...(some whom we have yet to meet) who are standing by us physically, spiritually, and emotionally....we are very fortunate.
This morning I arrived at the hospital at 6am. My Ron opened his eyes ever so slowly and I could tell he knew it was me. I told him good morning and welcomed him back. He gave me a slight smirk ..as best he could with the ventilator tube in his mouth. I told him I loved him and as best he could he mouthed to me "I know".....something he always says to me .....I would ask him various questions and he would respond with a nod. I asked if he wanted to see Thomas..and he nodded yes...So, I told him he needed to start waking up so we could remove his breathing tube ...and then Thomas could come back into his room. He gave me another smile.
His night nurse said he had a good night. Things are staying steady. He still continues to have an irregular heart beat and at times he goes into what they refer to as sinus tachy. I have learned that an irregular hear beat is when the heart will do a normal rythum of beat...thump/thump....then thump/thump/thump....it is not a regular two thump beat in intervals...they are sporadic....whereas...sinus tachy is the heart just thumping constantly without pausing or any rythum....if we had to choose between the lesser of two evils...we would prefer the irregular heart beat....many people live just fine with that....tachy can wear the heart down very quickly. So, hopefully, the heart will start to behave itself and fall into the best rythum it can.
So, I hope by my next blog, Ron will be closer to coming off the ventilator and talking with us sooner rather than later.

My love to everyone who reads this ...God's blessings to you all during this wonderful Christmas season of hope! Mary

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Mary,

This is such great news. I am so happy things are progessing. I imagine Ron and Thomas both are very anxious to see each other. God is great!

Tracy

Vickie said...

Mary,

We have never met, but I attend Palm Valley Church. I have learned of your story and have been praying for your family. It is wonderful to be able to read the blog and see Ron's progress. We serve a wonderful God and it is wonderful to read that you are still so upbeat and positive in such a challenging time. This just shows how great your faith is. In Matthew 15:28 Jesus said, "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.
Just know that we are out here praying for Ron's recovery and many more blessings to be bestowed on your family.