Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday 12/16/07 9:10pm

Ron has started to try and eat tonight. He had a little bit of Jello-O and some Ginger Ale. He is taking it slow...only clear fluids tonight. They may try to see if he can handle drinking a Glucerna later. They want to increase his intake as best as possible so that they can remove the feeding tube. He has had some queeziness which is to be expected. The doctors have not been by to remove his chest tubes which they mentioned would come out tonight. It may get pushed to tomorrow morning. They also would like to get him up and into a chair tomorrow. This will be his next big hurdle.

1 comment:

Betty Jean said...

Hi Mary and Ron
This is a wonderful idea. Of course I would expect it from Mrs. Webber. I am so happy and relieved to her of Ron's continuing progress. I continue to pray for his recovery and ask everyone I meet to do the same. Mary you have taught me the power of prayer and did a great job. Remember to remind Ron he need to start thinking about his color for his toes. I am so glad Thomas got to visit his daddy. That will put his mind at ease. Being an old soul in a 2 year old body isn't easy when things happen. I am sure Michael is by his side holding his hand through all of this. This the season for miracles. And also remember there is a Santa Claus.
Love you all
Betty Jean