Monday, January 7, 2008

AHHHH ..LUNCH!

Ron was finally able to have lunch. He had to wait for his dialysis treatment to end before he could eat. I ordered pizza and wings for the nursing staff today and he wanted to know if the "pie" had been delivered yet. So, once it arrived, I saved him a slice of cheese pizza so that he could have after dialysis. He really enjoyed it. He did a great job with swallowing and it set well in his stomach. Shortly thereafter, his lunch tray arrived. He ate crispy baked fish and mashed potoatoes with gravy. He ate very well. He also had a ginger-ale. The best part was eating his cousin's homemade chocolate chip cookie...with milk. They have started administering the new anti-rejection drug he received last week. It is administered as an infusion via IV. This will run for a while. He is sleeping now. They gave him percocet and benadryl while he receives the drug. It is to help with any affects he may have from the drug. Given that he was totally sedated the first time he received it...we really do not know how he will respond to it. So far...he feels fine.
The rest of his day should be relatively quiet. He may sit up in a chair later tonight.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I know you don't know me, and I don't know you or your family. I am a co-worker of Liz Hernandez. I have been praying for your family. I must say I have been strengthened by your faith. Your family has been thru so much and yet you find peace. I pray that your faith will help me re-kindle my faith - and that I might too find peace. I know you have your hands abundantly full - but could you say a small prayer for me - that I might find the peace I seek?

God bless you and your family...

Mary Begnoche

Jackie said...

Hi Webb Family-
My name is Jackie and I am a "prayer warriorette friend" of Kim Hale. I've been praying for all of you and I am also keeping up with your blog. I am so happy that Ron ate pizza (I have a smile on my face)- that's exciting! As I pray for you guys, I feel like I know you. As God and I chat, I talk to Him like I'm your long lost cousin or something. Needless to say, I am happy with all the hurdles that are being crossed. God is AWESOME! Have a wonderful evening! Mary, you are an amazing woman!