Sunday, January 27, 2008

RAINY DAY SUNDAY

We had a rainy day here in Tucson today. A day to stay in doors and sleep....but, not when you spend your days in the hospital. We had a short visit with Thomas today....too bad the time goes by so fast. He also had a visitor today ....Emma...another little friend of his came by to wish him a happy birthday and to bring him a birthday gift. They colored together and gave hugs before she had to leave. It was a nice Sunday visit. We spent a couple of more hours together with Thomas and our in laws ...but before we knew the time had gone by and they had to head back to Goodyear. We gave as many hugs and kisses as we could to Thomas and off they went. Until next weekend....

Ron and I did our usual morning exercises to strengthen his legs and torso. He sat up at the edge of the bed for breakfast and again this evening. His color looks good.

Dr. Copeland came by this afternoon. We discussed Ron's situation with the Cytoxin and going to rehab. He thought about changing Ron from Cytoxin to Cellcept....but we reminded him that he had been on cellcept with his first transplant and he was taken off of it because he went into rejection so quickly and changed to the cyclosporine. We told him we were not comfortable removing Ron from the cytoxin because he has actually done well with it since going on it in August. He respected our wishes and said he would leave him on it and would make arrangements to get him the rehab he needs and he will just stay here.
I asked him to please do whatever he can to make Ron a priority and he said he would light a fire under someone to get this done.

He is scheduled for an echo tomorrow and hopefully someone from the wellness center will show up to work with him.

The renal doctors were by to look and his wound and change the dressing...they said despite that there is a bacterial infection ...the tissue looks very good and healthy.

We are looking forward to a positive and productive week.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Blessings......

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my saviour; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety."
2 Samuel 22:2-3

No comments: