Friday, January 4, 2008

FAREWELL TO A FRIEND

1:37am
I am still up ...keeping an eye on Ron tonight. He is finally resting peacefully. He was very restless and agitated most of the evening as he would come in and out of sedation. He had a lot of gagging reflexes tonight with the intubation tube. Hopefully, it will come out tomorrow. The doctors just want to be very certain that his lungs are strong enough. His heart rate and blood pressure look great.

I recently found out that my girlfriend Cheryl lost her fight to recovering from the Chemotherapy reaction she had. Cheryl also took a very sharp turn for the worse last Sunday and unfortunately she was unable to recover from it. She was called home to the Lord at 1:50pm on Thursday.
I ask for everyone's prayers as you read this for her husband, Rick Britton and her son Sean Britton. They have lost a beautiful wife and mother.
To my friend....Cheryl Lee Britton : 8/19/63-01/03/08.....may the angels surround you with love .....praise God ...you are free....you are home!

Psalm 23:1-6

The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.

1 comment:

luvgod2 said...

Hi Mary,
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Cheryl. I will pray for her family as I know how difficult this must be for them. I'm glad her mom was able to visit her before she left home for glory.
In Him,
Kim Hale