Wednesday, January 2, 2008

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN

God is great! The Lord has truly given us our miracle today. The echo was done at 3pm today and it was beautiful! They lowered the ECMO machine one level at a time and each time his heart just kept on pumping ...better than it's ever pumped before. The doctors were so amazed and ecstatic. They said this was a totally different heart from two days ago. From their standpoint the medicine worked...it is a miracle drug. But, I say God has worked...He has worked his miracles on my Ron! He not only gave him a functioning heart ...he made it even better than it was when he came out of his transplant surgery. He is at normal heart function. The plan now is to remove the heart / lung device tonight....but Dr. Copeland just came by and said the soonest they would be able to take him into surgery would be 8pm and he would be stretching his team too far....the best plan at this point is to wait until the morning... Dr. Copeland will do the sugery himself to remove the device. It should take place sometime tomorrow around 10 or 11am.
We have truly witnessed a miracle here today....and I am so honored to praise our God for this ....his love and mercy are truly unfailing!


"My life is an example to many, because you have been my strength and protection. That is why I can never stop praising you; I declare your glory all day long."
Psalm 71: 7-8

7 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Mary & Ron
Thank for the update. What an awesome miracle indeed. We do have an awesome God. Your faith continues to encourage me - to hear your trust in God, recognizing Him for all of Ron's progress, praising God even in the setbacks, and your concern and prayers for others (including our family) even in the midst of your own trial, is a testimony to the love of Christ in you.
I continue to pray for Ron's strength and recovery and for peace and patience for Mary (and Thomas). Tonight our daughter Natalie prayed for "Thomas' daddy to get better soon". Thanks for the opportunity to see God growing you all in your walk with Him.

Tracy said...

Mary,

Praise God! Sometimes I think God just wants to point out how miraculous he really is. I can't express how happy I am for you all.

In case you aren't aware, there is a special website dedicated to the PVC Route 66 (blog and all). You can find it at: http://www.pvcroute66.com/

God is Good! :-)

Tracy

luvgod2 said...

Praise you Lord!!!!! Whoopee!!!! Our God is awesome indeed! Thank you Lord for hearing and answering our prayers, I am humbled, grateful and in awe of your love and faithfulness. Our God reigns!

beBOLDjen said...

HI there,

Kim Hale directed me to your blog and asked for us ladies from her last Bible study to be praying for your family. I Just wanted you to know I will be on my knees thanking the Lord for Ron's improvement and asking for continued restoration of health and vigor for Ron!

Blessings,
Jen

Antoinette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Antoinette said...

God is great!!! As I write this tears flow from my eyes. Uncle Lonny is such a fighter he is determined to get better and show us all what the human spirit is capable of. As for you Aunt Mary, words can't describe how amazing I think your strength is. I truly believe there is a divine power with you. Your devotion to Uncle Lonny and my cousin Thomas is what God intended for a marriage and family to be like. I love you and can't wait until I can go back to Arizona. Its been weeks since I have been there with you at the hospital I miss you all terribly.
Send my love to Mimi and the rest of the Webb Family.

We will continue to pray:)

Your niece in San Antonio,
Antoinette

Leanna said...

God is good!

I remember those days all to well. My niece is Sarah Scarletto-Nolte, she got her new heart 7/5/07! It was touch-n-go for a while.

Our family is praying with yours.

Leanna Nolte
helpsavesarah.com