Wednesday, January 2, 2008

ANOTHER DAY OF HOPE

9:29am

Ron had another good night. His blood pressure stayed steady and he tolerated more fluid to be removed from the dialysis machine. I was able to get a full nights rest as well. I am feeling a little bit better today. My throat is not as sore and the ear ache has subsided.

Dr. Copeland was in this morning around 8am. He was very impressed with Ron's pulse pressure...he said it was amazing. I took this as a really good sign. Earlier the doctors had said we would probably wait until Saturday to run the echo again...but Copeland said since his pulse pressure looked good he wanted to do the echo today. It is scheduled for 1pm.

Ron has been alert again this morning. As the doctors would come in ...I would let him know and he would raise his hand and turn his head to see them and shake their hands. Everyone was so amazed at his response. One of the nurses he has today had not seen him since the first day he came to this floor. When she spoke to him this morning to introduce herself, he immediately tried to raise his head to look at her....she was surprisingly shocked how well he was doing in just a matter of a few days. My husband is amazing...

I will be sure to blog later today to advise the outcome of the echo....we pray for great results.

P.S. To my PVC family....I started reading the one year bible yesterday.....I read it outloud at Ron's bedside so that we could enjoy it together. I think he liked it. We will read again today. I sure do miss being around everyone....I can't wait to return back to Goodyear and be apart of our great Route 66 journey together.....In HIM.....

Thank you all for the continued prayers and love.....Mary

No comments: