Sunday, January 6, 2008

A NEW WEEK AHEAD

11:07pm

As our weekend comes to an end...I look forward to what the week ahead will bring us. I have just good feelings of things to come. I know each day Ron will get stronger and his energy level is sure to increase.

He was much more alert today and stayed awake most of the day. He even asked the nurse to set him in the cadillac chair for a while. I am so proud of him. He even wanted to eat today. He had me ask his doctor if he could have his swallow evaluation today so he could have some home made cookies his cousin brought to him today. No such luck....the technicians who do the evaluation are only here Monday through Friday...normal business hours. He was a bit bummed about it ...but I was just so tickled that he actually has an appetite. I think it is just great.
I asked him to be patient..Monday will be here soon ...he will have his evaluation..pass it with flying colors...and he can have all the cookies he wants!

Ron's legs are very sore from being in bed so long. He asked me to help him bend them and exercise them for him. We did this several times throughout the day....he seemed to get some relief from this.

He is sleeping now...the nurse gave him some pain medication for his back primarily. I look forward to the day he can get up and start walking laps around the unit. What a great day this will be.

But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, "You are my God!" Psalm 31:14

No comments: